Joanna Pudil, LCSW-R
Happy International Women’s Day!
This holiday dates back to 1909 when women were fighting for the right to vote. This small group of women then led to an international holiday that is observed by more than 100 countries around the world. Today is the day to celebrate every woman and girl to show them that they matter. Please take time today to learn more about the history of this special day. Then take time to participate in an activity to honor this day.
Ways to engage in International Women’s day:
1. Learn about female icons
2. Reach out to a friend and let them know how they have inspired you
3. Support a female-owned business
4. Donate to a women’s organization
5. Read a book by a female author or start a book club dedicated to female authors
6. Volunteer to work at a women’s organization
7. Watch a women’s led film
8. Set up a coffee date with a woman in your network
9. Become a mentor to a girl who shares the same aspirations
10. Most importantly, acknowledge all of the awesome women in your life today. Let them know how they have inspired you.
I want to take a moment to say thank you to all of the amazing women in my life. You are my rocks. You have encouraged and inspired me to be my best self. Thank you for being in my life. Have a wonderful International Women’s Day!